A manufacturing system and philosophy that provides quality product or service at minimal cost in a waste-free environment in the fastest time at the highest customer satisfaction. It reflect ways of thinking about production, the assumptions that underlie how people and institutions formulate solutions to the problems of organizing people, equipment, material and capital to create and deliver products and services for customers.
-All work procedures, line conditions, shop policies must be clearly defined, communicated and followed.
-The ability to stop production lines in the event of such problems as equipment malfunctions, safety & quality problems or work being late.
-Delivering what the customer request, exactly when it is requested, and in the exact quantity requested.
TPM is a plant improvement methodology which enables continuous and rapid improvement of the manufacturing process through use of employee involvement, best maintenance practices and systematic equipment improvement.
使命: Eliminate all waste (see below)
-Set up and Adjustment Losses
-Idling & Minor Interruptions
-Reduced Speed Losses / Cycle Time
-Quality Defect and Rework Losses
Overall Equipment Effectiveness = Availability x Performance Rate x Quality
-U-Cell Layout; moves counter clockwise
-Operations in order of process
-Material handling separated from work station
One Piece Flow
-Paced to customer demand rate
Small and Inexpensive Equipment
-Easy moving/standing operations
-Standard operations documented
-Manual, visual performance measures
-Eliminate Waste, Reduce Non Value Added Activities, and Improve Manufacturing Competitive Performance.
-Common Lean Process Across All Operations.
-Lean Enablers Upstream in the Product Development Process.
-Operation Leaders with Lean Expertise and Experience.
-Standard work and line balancing
-Problem solving techniques
-Lead time reduction
-Error and mistake proofing
-Waste identification & elimination
-Material flow and pull systems
1. Development of systems that are capable of meeting operator density/utilization efficiencies.
2. Development of systems that are designed to support the elements of standard work.
3. Ensure all production launches incorporate standard Andon systems.
4. Provide manufacturing with a lean proces focusing on pre-production and new model launch activities involving shop floor processes.
1. Continuous implementing lean operating methods is the organization’s primary tool in pursuing its strategic objectives
2. Structured policy deployment techniques are used to plan the organization’s lean deployment actions
3. A non-blaming, performance oriented, process-driven organizational atmosphere exists
4. Lean progress targets are defined and have been effectively communicated
5. No employee has reason to perceive their livelihood to be jeopardized by contributing to organizational lean progress
6. Management has chosen to adhere to lean principles in the face of operating objectives inconsistent with lean progress
7. Team authority level and accountability level is clearly defined
8. Team is accountable for continuous improvement in its segment of the value chain
9. Financial system is structured to present correctly the results of lean progress
1. Conduct TPM introductory education and publicity campaign
2. Create TPM promotion organization
3. Establish basic TPM policy and goals
4. Draft a master plan for implementing TPM
5. Kick off TPM initiatives
6. Build a corporate constitution
7. Build an early management system
8. Build a quality maintenance system
9. Build an effective administration and support system
10. Sustain a full TPM implementation
-TPM is an essential component of TQM
-TPM resembles TQM
-Process defect rate down
-Customer compliant/claims down
-Products and work-in-process down
-Shutdown accidents down
-Pollution incidents down
-Improvement suggestions up
-Financial losses drop
-Repair costs drop
-Maintenance labour-hours reduce
-Energy costs reduce
-Manufacturing profit ratio up
-Achieving full-self management
-Eliminating breakdowns and defects
-Making workplaces to a clean, bright and lively
-Getting more orders